UPCOMING ELECTION DATES:
March 15, 2016 – Primary Election
November 8, 2016 – General Election
Polls will be open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
VOTE BY MAIL – Begins February 4, 2016
EARLY VOTING DATES – February 4 – March 14, 2016 – Please read the statement below
“Pursuant to Election Code 10 ILCS 5/19 A-25 this posting is being made available: DUE TO OBJECTIONS TO PRESIDENTAL CANDIDATE’S PETITION FILINGS WITH THE ILLINOIS STATE BOARD OF ELECTIONS, BALLOTS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE ON FEBRUARY 4, 2016. WE ARE HOPEFUL TO BE READY FOR EARLY VOTING ON FEBRUARY 17, 2016.”
GRACE PERIOD REGISTRATION AND VOTING – February 17 – March 15, 2016
Early Voting Location:
Williamson County Clerk’s Office
407 N. Monroe St, Marion, Illinois 62959
Click on the following links for information about the next election. Most links will be current approximately 60 days prior to each election.
* Polling Place Listing
* Precinct Map
* Republican Precinct Committeemen
* Democrat Precinct Committeemen
* Register to Vote
* Online Registration
* Illinois State Board of Elections
* Find your District/Official
*Application for Vote By Mail Ballot
* Military and Overseas Application
To become a write-in candidate, you must file a “Declaration of Intent to be a Write-In” form with the County Clerk at least 61 days prior to an election.
If an objection to a candidate’s nominating papers or petitions for an office is sustained after the 61st day before the election, he or she can file a notarized declaration of intent to be a write-in candidate for that office with the County Clerk no later than 7 days prior to the election.
Write-in votes for candidates who file this form will be counted.
To be a pollwatcher you must:
- be registered to vote in Illinois
- have valid credentials from the Williamson County Clerk’s Office
- have separate credentials issued for each voting site selected to observe
- Pollwatchers are required to surrender their credentials at the polls and sign the Pollwatcher Register.
If you are a candidate and have questions or concerns please call my office.
Williamson County Clerk & Recorder
407 N. Monroe St, Suite 119
Marion, IL 62959
Hours: Mon.-Fri. 8:00am-4:00pm