Property Tax Payment Instructions
- You may pay your property taxes at most Williamson County Banks.
- If taxes are paid through escrow (Mortgage Company, Savings and Loan, Bank) it is your responsibility to forward the property tax bill to your agent.
- If you have sold real estate, mail the property tax bill to the new owner.
- The Tax Collector will not be responsible for payment on the wrong tax bill.
- All payments made after the due date must be made at the Treasurer’s office. Banks cannot collect delinquent tax.
- Failure to receive a tax bill will not relieve the tax payer of penalties accruing if taxes are not paid before the penalty date.
- Interest is added at the rate of 1-1/2% per month for delinquent taxes or any fraction thereof, after penalty dates until tax is sold or forfeited. A $10.00 cost will be added for certified mail/advertising for each delinquent tax bill.
- Be sure to enclose the 1st or 2nd installment stub to insure the proper credit.
- The payment is void if made by a check which is not honored by the bank.
- Check your tax bill for owner occupied and senior citizens exemptions. If you qualify, but have not received credit, call or visit the Supervisor of Assessments, 618-998-2189.
- To change your name or address on a tax bill, call the Supervisor of Assessments at 618-998-2189.
- The Tax Collector only collects your taxes and is not responsible for your tax assessment or the amount of tax that you are paying.