Williamson County Recycling
407 N Monroe, Suite 220
Marion, IL 62959
Progress Port has taken over the Recycling Program. Times will now be M, W, F from 9 am to noon at the gravel lot across from the Administration Building in Marion. Scroll down for dates closed in 2023.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Williamson County Administrative Building, located at 407 N. Monroe St. in Marion.
Most recyclable material is taken to Republic Services. What Williamson County Recycling is able to collect:
- ALL PAPER such as Newspapers, Office Paper, Magazines Phone Books, Catalogs, hardback books (Remember to keep paper products dry). Newspaper inserts, junk mail and envelopes are also recyclable. Remove plastic sleeves, paper clips, binders and rubber bands.
- Cardboard/Paperboard. Please flatten boxes and cut large boxes to fit into container.
- Steel/Aluminum cans. Please rinse cans. Labels may be left on cans. Empty and flatten aluminum. No paint, gas or aerosol cans.
- Plastic Bottles #1 and #2 ONLY are accepted (such as soda and water bottles, milk jugs and detergent bottles). NO polystyrene or styrafoam. Labels may be left on bottles. Flatten if possible.
Dates Recycling is Closed:
Material NOT Accepted
- All Glass
- Styrene or Styrafoam
- All household hazardous waste, paint and motor oil must be disposed of through an Illinois EPA sponsored collection. Please contact your local health department for information and times of Illinois EPA sponsored collections.
- Gas or Aerosol Cans
- Motor Oil Bottles
- Plastic Bags